Do you love walking and want to explore the area in much more detail? How about make the most of the Manhood Peninsula over the May Bank Holiday week?
Selsey would like to welcome you to the 2017 Outdoor & Walking Festival. Sat 26th May to Sun 3rd June.
I can’t put it any better than the organisers do on their website their website:
We have a fabulous week of walks, cycling, natural history and snorkelling. You will have the opportunity to enjoy the glorious coastal and rural setting while savoring the unique history of the region.
Dr John Mason has been actively involved in science for over 30 years with astronomy, astrophysics and space technology as his main areas of expertise. He is a frequent broadcaster on TV and radio, worked on Tomorrow’s World and appeared many times with Sir Patrick Moore on Sky at Night. He has recently made several radio broadcasts about our local astronaut Tim Peake who went to Chichester High School for Boys. He is currently principal lecturer at The South Downs Planetarium and a Visiting Professor at Chichester University.
He will be speaking on Sat 2 June at the Selsey Centre so book your ticket early.
If you love owls – you won’t want to miss the “Owls about Town” Team’s fantastic collection of owls. Andy and his team are passionate about the strigiformes and will offer a fascinating talk about them. This is on Fri 1st June, 2pm East Beach Car Park.
Follow this link to read all about the Selsey Outdoor & Walking Festival 2017:
Other confirmed events are:
- Events for people with limited mobility
- Toddler walks
- A tour around RSPB Pagham harbour and Medmerry with the RSPB
- Local history from an expert historian focusing on the railway cottages
- Fantastic cycle trail
- Selsey garden tour
- The Selsey Tramway walk
- A tour around Natures Way
- Discover local moths with the RSPB
- Nordic walking
- A mindfulness experience
- A chance to experience snorkelling led by our expert local team, Mulberry Divers and no experience needed for most events
- A walk along the beach with an expert to observe the sea life.
- and of course many other walks around the area with history, nature and sea as a backdrop.
We have accommodation availability for various size groups all locally so give me a call to make your reservation – Gayle 07769 746113.
© Chichester Self Catering 2018